A multimedia “show and tell” extravaganza!
Well this is it! The Philosophy Society’s Gender discussion event.
Do you have an opinion on gender in the 21st century?
- Do we have equality between all genders?
- Is gender biological or sociological?
- Does the traditional gender binary make sense to you (i.e. the only genders are man and woman)?
- Are gender roles outdated? Superfluous? Necessary?
- How relevant is gender for parenting? Career? Leadership? Romance?
- Can you be a housewife and still be a good feminist?
- Can you be a househusband without being stripped of your masculinity?
Come along and bring a short video, poem, song, article, picture etc to prompt discussion about gender and gender roles in the 21st Century.
We’ll have the outdoor cinema set up in the Derkenne Courtyard to show any short videos you bring along.
WHEN: Thursday, 18th September, 6-9pm
WHERE: Derkenne Courtyard / GT Bar
Dinner and soft drinks are provided free for members – $2 on the night to sign-up.
No assumed knowledge.
INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!
Cartoon courtesy of explosm.net.